Archive

Archive for the ‘Smoking Related Fire’ Category

St. Paul Duplex Fire Displaces 7

March 10, 2011 Leave a comment

March 10 – A man alerted St. Paul residents to a house fire early Thursday by throwing a bottle at their window.

Firefighters were called to 1259 Charles Ave. at 2:36 a.m. They arrived to find smoke from the 2 1/2-story duplex.

KSTP-TV reported that a man heard alarms sounding and when he found the fire “he then called 911 and tossed the bottle at an upstairs window to wake the people inside up.”

Crews located the fire in the basement and knocked it down.

The fire was held to the room of origin, but the first floor received heavy smoke damage.

Seven residents were displaced by the fire, which caused $75,000 in damage.

Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said the fire was caused by careless smoking.

Related:

Advertisements

Minneapolis Duplex Fire Caused by ‘Careless Smoking’

November 18, 2010 Leave a comment

Officials say that the two-alarm fire on Garfield Avenue on Nov. 16 was caused by careless smoking.

According to Assistant Chief Cherie A. Penn, “the cause of the fire appears to be careless smoking,” after an investigation by the Minneapolis Arson unit.

The fire, reported just after 6 a.m., quickly escalated to two alarms as the fire tore through the duplex and the attic at 2204-2206 Garfield Ave.

Three residents were injured in blaze.

Related Articles