Home > Apartment Fire, Fire Injury, Multiple Dwelling Fire, Saint Paul Fire Department > Resident Injured in St. Paul Apartment Fire

Resident Injured in St. Paul Apartment Fire

June 30 – One person suffered smoke inhalation after an apartment fire early Thursday in St. Paul.

Firefighters were called to the 300 block of Dewey Street N. around 2:15 a.m. and Engine 14 arrived to find heavy smoke on the first floor of the three-story apartment building.

A pre-connect was stretched and the fire was quickly contained to the apartment where the fire broke out.

Additional crews checked the upper floors for fire extension. None was found.

Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said the fire broke out when a resident fell asleep while cooking.

“The fire was confined to the stove top and the cabinet,” he said.

The occupant was transported to the hospital by Medic 22 for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: